This morning we decided to experiment and attempt to make our first “frittata”. Unfortunately after prepping the ingredients, we quickly realized we didn’t have an “oven-proof” skillet. But, we improvised and decided to make an egg bake instead! The frittata will make an appearance some day in the future. 😉
This is a delicious, nutrient-dense meal that creates six servings. If you have busy mornings, you can prepare it in advance and simply heat it up when you are ready to eat it.
Here’s what we did:
1. Gather necessary ingredients and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 5 eggs
- 2 T of milk of your choice
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
- 9 oz package frozen spinach, cooked
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
2. Add eggs, milk, and cheese to mixing bowl.
3. Stir together.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste. (Snowman shakers optional 😉 ) Put aside.
5. Heat skillet on medium-high and add olive oil, garlic, onion, and pepper.
6. Sauté ingredients until onions are translucent (about 3 min).
7. Add in cooked (wilted) spinach and sauté for one more minute.
8. Pour sautéed ingredients into a greased baking pan and mix in egg/milk/cheese mixture.
9. Once mixed, sprinkled additional cheese on top (as much or as little as you like).
Use a knife to check the center. If it comes out clean, you are good to go!
Cut into six rectangles, and enjoy!!
Such a delicious AND nutritious meal LOADED with spinach! Best part is, for kids (or adults) who don’t like to eat greens, you can’t even taste the spinach. 😉
See ya at lunch time!