Thanks to the hard work of Lori over at Recipe Girl, we will be participating in the Ten in 2010 Challenge: Ten Weeks to Healthy in 2010. We are so excited to be part of this group effort to encourage healthy habits. It is so much easier to make important changes in your life when you have a support network and people to hold you accountable. It is just the “kick in the butt” we needed to get in shape and create habits to last a lifetime.
Here’s the gist of the challenge:
- It starts on January 2, 2010. Here’s your chance to stick with that New Year’s resolution!
- Each person has their own definition of healthy. Obviously there are certain things like good nutrition and exercise that are universal, but as individuals, we can have very different goals. Lose weight, gain weight, exercise more, eat more greens, etc. This challenge is about doing what YOU need to do in order to become a healthier person.
- We will update readers of our blog and other followers in the challenge on the progress we are making. Personally, we plan to have an update post at least ONCE weekly. It will most likely be on Saturday, along with Lori.
- We will each develop a list of concrete, attainable goals to be achieved in the ten weeks. Of course, you can’t change EVERYTHING in ten weeks, which is why we need to be realistic in our goals. The hope is that after ten weeks, our healthy habits will be ingrained in us and become part of our daily routine. Dustin and I will post any relevant information on this page and link post updates here as well.
OUR PERSONAL GOALS:
- Lose 1-2 pounds per week
- Eat one BIG salad per day
- Drink one green smoothie per day
- Complete Couch to 5K Challenge
- Run our first 5K race in week 10
- Do Yoga at home 3 days per week
- Always carry water
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep
- Eat more whole, unprocessed food
If you like what you see and have been needing that extra boost or support system in order to make some healthy changes, we encourage you to join the movement!
You don’t need a blog to be a part of it. Check out Lori’s page for the FAQ and send her an email with some basic information if you want to join.
You don’t need to do it alone. We are all here to help each other live the best lives possible. Take advantage of this wonderful opportunity!